To participate in the following Discussion Forums, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation:
1. 1st Posting Due by Day 3. Constitutional Law Debate. Your instructor will assign you one of the three branches of government: Legislative,
Executive, or Judicial. Create a solid argument detailing:
a. Why your branch has the most power.
b. Where the source of the power is derived from.
c. Provide current event examples of the power of the appropriate branch.
Respond to at least two of your fellow students’ postings.
To complete this assignment, go to this week’s Summary Paper link in the left navigation:
1. Due by Day 7. Summary Paper
A Summary Paper is due the last class session.
Focus of the Summary Paper:
The student will submit a summary paper on the final day of class for the term, which will make up one component of the final grade. The paper should take an in-depth look at a legal/ethical issue or situation relating to current, previous, or potential future work environment(s) for the student. The summary paper must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length with a cover page, not included in the eight to ten pages, and include at least five, outside, scholarly citations (six if the text is used as one of the citations). A successful paper will contain all of the following:
• Evidence of the student’s understanding of the issue/situation in relationship to business, government and society.
• An understanding of current ethical issues, sources of ethical behavior, legal viewpoints in relation to the issue/situation being examined.
• Suggestions/ideas for corrective action pertaining to the issue/situation.
The summary assignment must be typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font, 12 point, with 1” margins. References cited must follow the APA format style. No late work will be accepted unless prearranged with the instructor.
Writing the Summary Paper
The Summary Paper:
• Must be 8-10 double-spaced-pages in length, exclusive of Appendix, References, Exhibits, etc., and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
• Must include a cover page that includes:
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Name of paper
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
o If possible, provide a context of a first-person experience where you saw this academic concept in operation. Do not simulate third-party statements of experience.
o Readdress the concept and the experience with critical thought. That is, what is your response to the content, either positive or negative, and then defend your position. If multiple options/alternatives/positions are present and are being rejected you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option.
• Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
• Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
• Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
235 SUO FIN2030