Assignment 1: Final Project Theory and Topic Selection
This week, you will finalize your theory and topic selection for your Final Project Assignment.
- Think about the final project topic you selected in Week 1.
- Select two theories you will address in your final project.
- When selecting two theories, consider whether each theory could:
- explain the origins and development of your topic
- be used to develop strategies or programs to benefit human development relevant to your topic
- address cultural differences or diversity considerations relevant to your topic
- meet the characteristics of a good theory relevant to your topic
- Keep in mind that the theories you select might not meet all these criteria; you will discuss the strengths and limitations of the theories as part of your final project.
By Day 7
Submit a 1-page summary of the topic you chose for your Final Project, the two theories you selected, and why you believe these theories relate to your topic.
Note: This Assignment submission will not be graded; however, it is a requirement for the Final Project.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assi gnment using the naming convention “WK7Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 7 Assignment 1 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK7Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.