Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. I need this completed by 10/14/17 at 12pm.
In 300–500 words, describe how you see your own life experiences, values, and beliefs impacting the work you do with couples and families.
Submit your journal by Day 7.
Please note: These films are not available through Walden Library. Contact your instructor if you are unable to obtain a copy independently.
Please select, obtain, and view one of the following movies to use with this week’s Application Assignment:
- Movie: Benton, R. (Director). (1979). Kramer vs. Kramer [Motion picture]. [With D. Hoffman, M. Streep, & J. Alexander]. United States: Columbia Pictures.
- Movie: Reiner, R. (Director). (1999). The story of us [Motion picture]. [With B. Willis, M. Pfeiffer, & C. Renison]. United States: Universal.
- Movie: Carlino, L. J. (Director). (1979). The great Santini [Motion picture]. [With R. Duvall, B. Danner, & M. O’Keefe]. United States: Warner Bros. & Orion Pictures.
- Course Text: Gurman, A. S., Lebow, J. L., & Snyder, D. (2015). Clinical handbook of couple therapy (5th ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Chapter 15, “Couple Therapy and the Treatment of Affairs”
- Chapter 16, “Separation and Divorce Issues in Couple Therapy
- Article: Gibson, D. M. (2008). Relationship betrayal and the influence of religious beliefs: A case illustration of couples counseling. The Family Journal, 16(4), 344–350. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Gordon, K. C., Baucom, D. H., & Snyder, D. K. (2004). An integrative intervention for promoting recovery from extramarital affairs. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 30(2), 213–31. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Murray, C. E., Kardatzke, K. N. (2009). Addressing the needs of adult children of divorce in premarital counseling: Research-based guidelines for practice. The Family Journal, 17(2), 126–133.Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Book: Bitter, J. R., Long, L. L., & Young, M. E. (2010). Introduction to marriage, couple, and family counseling. Mason, OH: Cengage.
- Chapter 14, “Parenting for the 21st Century”