Click on the following link for the Phase 3 Reading Assignment:
Technology and All-Hazards Planning and Response
A crisis or an emergency may be one thing to one person but a completely different set of circumstances to another person. Often, a president, governor, or mayor is in a position to declare a state of emergency. In this particular scenario, a high-pressure underground gasoline pipeline is running underneath a section of the city. For this assignment, you will discuss what information should be included in an assessment to determine the potential damage or likelihood that the pipeline will rupture and explode. A C3 or C4 command post is being preemptively established to address the situation should the pipeline explode.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What types of equipment do you think should be included in the C3 or C4 facility? Explain your reasoning.
- How do you think the facility should be staffed?
- Consider education, training, and the interoperability and compatibility of equipment and personnel.
- What types of technology do you think are essential to the strategic planning phase of all-hazards planning and response? Why?
- How should decisions be made regarding the allocation of limited technological resources? Why?
- Would you consider communications technology to be the most important technology for response operations? Why or why not?
- What are the most significant problems or challenges associated with current communications technology? Explain.
- What do you recommend for alleviating those problems and overcoming those challenges? Explain.