- What is meant by the statement “leadership is a process, not a position”? Give examples of how Jesus modeled this in the Bible and how you personally can model this in the workplace.
- What is the difference between leading and coaching? Give examples of how Jesus led and coached in the Bible.
Efforts to implement change are more likely to be successful if a godly leader understands the reasons for resistance to change and the targets, phases and different strategies for change and its successful implementation. The change resistance reaction pattern has four stages: denial, anger, mourning and adaptation, . People resist change for a number of different reasons:
- Lack of trust
- Belief that change is unnecessary
- Belief that change is not feasible
- Economic threats
- Relative high cost
- Fear of personal failure
- Loss of status and power
- Threat to values and ideals
- Resentment of interference
Using the gospel of Matthew, answer the following questions and post to this week’s discussion thread. Be sure to identify your verses, explain your answer and finish by asking a thoughtful open ended question.
- Use at least 2 of the reasons listed in the bullet points above and identify the behaviors religious and political leaders exhibited that demonstrate their resistance to change.
- What did Jesus do to attempt to overcome their resistance?