You are a senior manager at a highly profitable equipment manufacturing organization. You and other senior leaders have decided to partner with an international company on several projects of mutual interest.
Your company is headquartered in the United States. Your new partner will be located in one of the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia
Pick 1 of these countries to research. Prior to sending your team to the country you selected, you will need to train your staff on certain aspects of their culture that impact business interactions. Present information on each of the following topics for your chosen international partner country, and compare and contrast to American cultural practices where necessary:
- Geographic and demographic information
- Basic business etiquette (e.g., forms of address or greeting, working hours, punctuality, distinctions between genders and age groups, gift-giving, and so on)
- Dress code
- Language(s) spoken, verbal and nonverbal communication
- Dining norms
- Religion(s) observed
- Holidays observed
Present this information, with appropriate pictures and graphics, in a PowerPoint presentation intended for your company staff. Generally, the main topics or bullet points should appear on the slides with supporting visuals, while the Speaker Notes area should be used to go into more depth regarding these main topics. Your presentation should consist of a minimum of 12 slides, including a title slide, an introductory slide, a conclusions slide, and a references slide.
Use the following resources for assistance:
- Access provided, or create your own slideshow following the requirements listed above.
- Refer to the Microsoft Office Web site for assistance with .
- The Smarthinking resource is also available to assist you with the basics of the PowerPoint tool.
Use at least 2 sources when researching information on your chosen country. Remember to use credible, current sources to support your presentation (use the attached for conducting the TRAP test). Use APA reference and citation format for the sources that you use. Place citations on the relevant slides with one or two slides at the end for your reference list.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, course resource lists, scholarly internet sources, and all course materials.