why ethics are important at each stage of the criminal justice system
• Discuss through the use of examples why ethics are important at each stage of the criminal justice system.
• Explain the three primary reasons why UCR data is suspect.
• Explain how institutional racism may influence police decision-making practices.
• How does CompStat compare to intelligence-led policing?
• Discuss the plain view doctrine and provide three original examples of a lawful warrantless search that falls under this doctrine.
Discuss the role of prosecutorial discretion in the criminal justice system.
• Define three strike laws. Discuss the pros and cons of the laws, providing examples. What are the primary legal controls in place regarding three strike laws?
• Explain the three trends listed in the text that have shaped contemporary correctional institutions from 1960 to the present.
• Explain the term total institution.
• Define the process of the juvenile waiver. Identify the five main forms of waiver.