This week we do not have a typical journal assignment. We are going to do something different. This week we are going on a field trip. You have to go on a field trip to some place where groups of children play. There are play areas at the Mall, McDonalds, Burger King, Playgrounds, ect. I would like you to go and observe children playing. Take the Child Observation Form (attached with this question) answer the questions, On your papers include the typed questions before your response.
Briefly state where you observed and for how long, but don’t spend a lot of time in this assignment describing your experience. Just focus on the questions on the observation form.
Week Three Assignment
Answer the following questions:
1. What did you notice about how the children interacted with each other?
2. Did one child stay fairly close to his/her parents?
3. What age was this child?
4. Did age play a role in how far a child played from his/her parents?
5. Could you identify any parenting styles while observing?
6. How do you think this assignment helps you to better understand the material covered this week?