1) When management implements their own ideas without involving employees, goal congruence may not occur.
2) Companies who adopt a MACS generally agree with the human resources model of motivation.
3) Individuals are motivated by both financial and nonfinancial means of compensation.
4) The impetus for developing ways to improve employees' morale and job satisfaction was:
A) the scientific management school.
B) the balanced scorecard.
C) results control system.
D) the human relations movement.
5) Assumptions of the human resources model of motivation include all of the following EXCEPT:
A) employees prefer to follow highly-detailed, prescribed procedures.
B) individuals are motivated by both financial and nonfinancial awards.
C) employees are knowledgeable about their jobs.
D) individuals are highly creative, ethical, and responsible.
6) The contemporary management view of motivation, the ________ is based on initiatives to improve the quality of working life.
A) balanced scorecard
B) human resources model of motivation
C) scientific management school
D) results control system
7) What assumptions does the human resource model of motivation make about employees? Why is it important for management to understand these assumptions?