Power Point Disease Project
The purpose of this assignment is to assimilate and synthesize information learned in this course by creating a case study of a specific disease and incorporating peer-reviewed research.
You have been asked to create a teaching scenario for a group of students in your healthcare discipline. Choose either a disease process discussed in this course, or be creative and choose a disease process you are interested in. Create a PowerPoint presentation of a fabricated case study that includes the following:
- Complete History & Symptoms of a fabricated patient with your chosen disease
- Physical findings of your fabricated patient that are consistent with your chosen disease
- Diagnostic methods (lab, X-ray, etc.) used for this patient. Explain the common exams and tests that would be used to diagnose and monitor this disease. Include images, results etc.
- Other possible diagnoses that could be ruled out. Explain why these could be ruled out.
- At least 2 treatment options for this disease.
- Short and long term prognosis.
- How this disease relates to the age of patient as far as onset, symptoms, etc.
- The role of stress and/or environmental factors in this disease.
- Use at least 3 scholarly journals as sources. Include these references according to Level 3 guidelines at the end of your document.