SPIRITUAL PHILOSOPHIES PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
In the reading for this module/week, the authors spend time discussing the spirit of leadership and spiritual intelligence. As the final exercise for this course you will be comparing the Ten Spiritual Rules of the
Road and the Requisites of the Spiritual Journey (Porter-OGrady & Malloch) with the Nurse Servant Leader Behavioral Themes that OBrien profiles.
After you review the reading assignments, address the following questions:
1. What are the similarities of the tenets/principles held by each author? Provide full discussion for each point.
2. What are the differences of the tenets/principles held by each author? Provide full discussion for each point.
3. Are the tenets mutually exclusive or is there an opportunity to integrate both perspectives into a leadership approach that positively influences the healthcare environment?
4. Discuss how you would implement the integration of these tenets/principles into your role as a nurse leader.
5. Cite supporting references from the readings and at least 810 additional references using APA format.
Comprehensive discussion of the similarities of the tenets/principles between the Porter-OGrady & Malloch and OBrien readings is provided
Comprehensive discussion of the differences of the tenets/principles between the Porter-OGrady & Malloch and OBrien readings is provided
Robust discussion as to the integration of both tenets/principles into a leadership approach that positively influences a healthcare environment/organization is provided
Evidence of implementation of the approach discussed above into a healthcare environment/organization is provided
Quality of work including:
Correct use of APA format (especially in citation of sources)
Clarity of writing
Evidence of critical thinking
Application of concepts from assigned readings
The paper is to include title and references pages and 810 scholarly references are cited (not including the Bible and the textbooks)
II. REQUIRED RESOURCE
OBrien, M. E. (2011). Servant leadership in nursing: Spirituality and practice in contemporary health care. Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. ISBN: 9780763774851.
Porter-OGrady, T., & Malloch, K. (2011). Quantum leadership: Advancing information, transforming health care (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. ISBN: 9780763784690.