Leadership Plan Proposal On Healthcare Issues
For this assessment you will create a 2-4 page plan proposal for an interprofessional team to collaborate. And work toward driving improvements in the organizational issue you identified in the second assessment.
The health care industry is always striving to improve patient outcomes and attain organizational goals. Nurses can play a critical role in achieving these goals. One way to encourage nurse participation in larger organizational efforts is to create a shared vision. And team goals (Mulvale et al., 2016). Participation in interdisciplinary teams can also offer nurses opportunities to share their expertise. And leadership skills, fostering a sense of ownership and collegiality.
You are encouraged to complete the Budgeting for Nurses activity before you develop the plan proposal. The activity consists of seven questions that will allow you the opportunity to check your knowledge of budgeting basics. And as well as the value of financial resource management. The information gained from completing this formative will promote success with the Interdisciplinary Plan Proposal. Completing this activity also demonstrates your engagement in the course, requires just a few minutes of your time, and is not graded.
Demonstration of Proficiency
· Competency 1: Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health.
1. Explain organizational resources, including a financial budget, needed for the plan to be a success and the impacts on those resources if nothing is done, related to the improvements sought by the plan.
1. Competency 2: Explain how interdisciplinary collaboration can be used to achieve desired patient and systems outcomes.
2. Describe an objective and predictions for an evidence-based interdisciplinary plan to achieve a specific objective related to improving patient or organizational outcomes.
2. Explain the collaboration needed by an interdisciplinary team to improve the likelihood of achieving the plan’s objective. Include best practices of interdisciplinary collaboration from the literature.
1. Competency 4: Explain how change management theories and leadership strategies can enable interdisciplinary teams to achieve specific organizational goals.
3. Explain a change theory and a leadership strategy, supported by relevant evidence. That are most likely to help an interdisciplinary team succeed in collaborating. And implementing, or creating buy-in for, the project plan.
1. Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly. Evidence-based communication strategies to impact patient, interdisciplinary team, and systems outcomes.
4. Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions. Contains few errors in grammar/punctuation, word choice, and spelling.
4. Apply APA formatting to in-text citations and references. Exhibiting nearly flawless adherence to APA format.