Logic Modeling: Moving From Community Needs Assessment to Program Planning
In this unit, you are completing your Community Needs Assessment assignment (u05a1). As part of that assignment, you need to create a logic model. In this discussion, describe the interrelatedness of the community needs assessment, program planning, and logic modeling. To complete your initial post, self-assess your strengths and areas needing improvement in creating a logic model for a new program.
Community Needs Assessment
As a human services leader, you have expertise in your community and have a sense of services and programs that it may need. While you may notice trends and changes, a more structured approach to gathering and analyzing this information will be required if you hope to launch a new program to address a need. In this paper, you will identify a perceived unmet need in your local community and use it to present a proposed community needs assessment and its projected results.
You will identify the various components of the community needs assessment and their contributions to the process. To provide a visual graphic of your community needs assessment, you will create a logic model, presenting the various components and how they interact with one another. Since human services leaders need to maintain ethical standards and be attentive to diversity, both of these content areas should be integrated into your community needs assessment design.
Write a 4–5 page paper identifying a social problem that is perceived as an unmet need in your local community. Utilizing this topic as context, design a proposed community needs assessment and its projected results. Present the components of community needs assessment and a preliminary application. Highlight issues of ethics, as well as diversity and inclusion.
These ideas are to be communicated in the narrative along with a graphic representation. Create a logic model, which is a specific type of flowchart for graphically presenting this information, to demonstrate your understanding of community needs assessment. Include your logic model as an appendix to your paper.
Be sure to address the following in your paper:
- Present a social problem that appears to be an unmet need in your local community.
- Propose a community needs assessment regarding potential programming to address this social problem.
- Discuss how the community needs assessment addresses accessibility and cultural sensitivity to promote inclusion of diverse populations.
- Project some community needs assessment results, based on your research in the required readings and other reputable sources.
Support your paper with the required readings and other reputable sources.
To complete this assignment successfully, your paper will need to meet the following specifications:
- Page length: Write a 4–5 page paper.
- Communication: Use professional academic writing and apply current APA format and style appropriately.
- Resources: Support your work with a minimum of 7 reputable sources. Required readings are to be integrated. Use reputable sources to validate your local community need by including local news and local agency information and reports. Reputable sources may include peer-reviewed journals to validate projected results.
- Font and size: Times New Roman, 12 point.