I’m stuck on a English question and need an explanation.
Part I (6 questions, 10 points each): Write two or three brief sentences only for each question in this section.
- Define “irony” as it was defined in class lecture. Then, explain how Rothman uses irony on page 50 in the end of the first paragraph when he argues that, “…Russians alone bore the brunt of positive discrimination.”
- Define “euphemism” as it was defined in class lecture. Then, explain how Rothman uses a euphemism on page 53 in talking about the New Deal.
- At the top of page 67, explain what the single-sentence paragraph is doing rhetorically for Rothman’s preceding argument about Damore.
- On page 81, the second paragraph, Rothman writes two short sentences to begin the paragraph: “This is not science. It’s an ideological crusade.” Analyze these two sentences, based on what you have learned about rhetoric or about what you intuitively feel, according to how these two sentences function.
- What is “The Contemptible Veil” Rothman describes in the subsection beginning on page 97? Summarize in one sentence what this is, and then in a second and/or third sentence (s), supply a quote of the most important detail, in your opinion, from this section.
- How does the veil fall, according to Rothman, in the section subtitled, “The Veil Falls,” contained on page 107? Summarize in one sentence what this is, and then in a second and/or third sentence (s), supply a quote of the most important detail, in your opinion, from this section.
I have attaches the pages, this should take no longer than 2 hours for reading and 6 questions answered. Thank you !