I’m working on a Psychology exercise and need support.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Analyze the psychological theories of personnel and human resource management.
- Competency 2: Analyze the foundational models, concepts, and practices of personnel and human resource management.
- Competency 3: Analyze the psychological tools, methods, and practices typically used in personnel and human resource management.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
This assignment builds upon the previous two assignments you have submitted in Units 3 and 6. One of the competencies of this course provides communication skills practices – in both the scholarly sense and practical/professional sense. As professionals in the “real world,” those who are the most effective typically have an agile communications approach that adapts to their audience’s needs. And remember, your audience in this scenario is SHRM conference attendees, various organizational levels from any industry.
This assignment is your opportunity to create and communicate information in a different way, such as an infographic. In this assignment, you will complete this deliverable:
- An infographic which will serve as the content and visual for your poster session.
Review your Unit 6 assignment and see which keywords or concepts you highlighted. Take those keywords or concepts and use them as the blueprint or framework of your infographic. Also take into account any feedback from your instructor.
Keep in mind that the content of your infographic is how you will be graded, not on your artistic abilities. There are many free Internet tools that you can use to create your infographic; these tools are listed in this unit’s study, “Free Tools for Creating Infographics.” If you have used, or know of, a tool to create infographics, you may use any tool of your choice.
Your infographic needs to communicate and include the following elements:
- Compare and contrast the theoretical underpinnings of I/O psychology and personnel and human resource management.
- Identify at least one theory of I/O psychology.
- Present how this theory can be applied to your HR topic.
- Synthesize I/O psychology theories to models of personnel and human resource management.
- Critically evaluate the I/O theory that is the most closely related to the topic.
- Connect the dots for your fellow HR professionals, explain how your chosen theory serves as a framework for your topic.
- Explain how I/O psychology constructs and models affect the individual, the workplace, and the organizational strategic goals.
- Identify the key implications for each level from the overarching strategic goals, to the HR strategy and then drill down to the HR daily operations.
- What are the applications for each level of the organization?
- Apply I/O tools, models, and methods to the practice of personnel/HR management.
- Explain three applications of I/O tools, models and/or methods that your HR partners could implement into their daily practices.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of these methods and provide practical recommendations.
- Communicate in a visual representation appropriate for the audience, both comprehensive enough to explain the theoretical foundation and concise enough to highlight the recommendations for implementation.