I’m trying to learn for my History class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
- Choose one of the following films and watch it. Please select a film you have not seen before. Before you watch, make sure to know the period that the film attempts to represent.
- The Mission
- The Last of the Mohicans
- Twelve Years a Slave
- Write at least a single paragraph answering each of the following five questions.
- Question One: What was the plot of the film?
- Question Two: What was the most powerful message, theme, or idea you got from the movie. Why was it powerful to you? What scene best represents it?
- Question Three: Based on this class and its resources, does this film accurately described events?
- Question Four: What responsibility filmmakers who reproduce historical events or set films in historical times have to accurately representing those events/times. What would accurate representation even look like?
- Question 5: Would you suggest this film to a friend or family member? Why or why not?