Help me study for my Psychology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
locate a journal article that describes academic research studies related to human services management. The article should report on a study that was conducted using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
Write a 1400 – to 2,100 word paper describing the scientific method, the steps in scientific inquiry, and different approaches to research. Address each of the following in your paper:
- Briefly summarize the journal article you found including the study’s purpose, methods, and main findings
- Define the scientific method.
- What are the steps in the scientific method of inquiry or research process? Why must each of these steps be included to support the scientific method? Briefly discuss how the scientific research method was applied in the article you found.
- Summarize how scientifically sound research (in other words, applying the scientific method) supports the function of a human services manager.
- Define quantitative research and qualitative research. Explain how they differ, and relate each to the human services field and the scientific method.
- Describe how to decide whether to use a quantitative or a qualitative research methodology. Provide examples of what sort of study is appropriate for each methodology, and explain why.
- Define mixed method research, and describe its strengths. Provide an example of when it is appropriate to apply mixed method research in the human services field.
- Finally, identify an ethical issue in research that was addressed in the article.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.