I need support with this Art & Design question so I can learn better.
Here are the Requirements:
1. Take a photograph of YOURSELF that is psychologically interesting. It MUST be inspired by an image from the textbook*. Use your phones camera settings to adjust the colors, zoom in, crop, etc. Your selfie portrait must tell a story that you will interpret based on these elements:
Composition, Vantage; are you central and up close? Significantly small and off center? Zoom in! Or out!
- Up close leaves no mystery, as opposed to far away
- Central gives you the dominant role, off center may indicate a role reversal of central importance
Color; black & white, color saturation- vivid, faded. Use your phone’s camera settings to adjust the colors to suit the psychological interpretation.
- Bright saturation may indicate a false intensity
- Faded colors may indicate lack of emotion, loss
- Black and white can tell of loss of vigor, or create extreme drama
Iconography: Props, clothing
- Objects and types of clothing must add to the story of your mental and emotional status and lead to an interpretation.
2. Analyze your selfie based on the 3 elements:
3. Reflection: was it successful? Does it create the psychological portrait you were hoping for?
4. Identify the artist’s work that you took inspiration from. This MUST be from the textbook. Is the inspiration evident? How was it inspired by the artist? Be specific. Make your image look as close as you can to your inspired art-work.