Need help with my Social Science question – I’m studying for my class.
Part A (500 words)
Describe in detail the six steps in measurement process in market research
Part B (500 words)
1. Explain the role of the questionnaire in the research process.
2. How do respondents influence the design of a questionnaire? Give some examples (e.g., questionnaires designed for engineers, baseball players, army generals, migrant farmworkers).
3. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of open-ended questions and closed-ended questions.
4. Assume that you are developing a questionnaire about a new sandwich for McDonald’s. Use this situation to outline the procedure for designing a questionnaire.
5. Give examples of poor questionnaire wording, and explain what is wrong with each question.
6. Once a questionnaire has been developed, what other factors need to be considered before the questionnaire is put into the hands of interviewers?
7. Why is pretesting a questionnaire important? Are there some situations in which pretesting is not necessary?
8. Design three open-ended and three closed-ended questions to measure consumers’ attitudes toward BMW automobiles.
9. What’s wrong with the following questions?
How do you like the flavor of this high-quality Maxwell House coffee?
What do you think of the taste and texture of this Sara Lee coffee cake?
We are conducting a study for Bulova watches.
10. What do you see as the major advantages of using a field management company? What are the drawbacks?
11. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of web-based questionnaires