I’m studying and need help with a Law question to help me learn.
Part 1 (250 words)
Think about your leadership style. Your style is perhaps most strongly displayed in your communications with employees, team members, and other leaders.
- How would you describe your communication style? Are you warm and approachable, focusing on human connection? Are you objective, logical, and focused on communicating with a purpose? Are you direct, confident, and likely to cut to the chase? Do you hang back, listen, and react slowly to others? Something else?
- What do you think is your greatest strength as a communicator? What skills would you like to work on developing?
Listening is a very important part of communication and is essential to strong leadership.
- Describe your dominant listening style, using the information on pages 107–112 in the Gamble and Gamble text. How does this listening type serve you as a leader?
- Choose a listening type that you rarely use. Describe a time in your work life when this type of listening could serve your needs and/or the needs of your organization. Do you feel there is room to develop more flexibility in your listening habits?
Part 2 (250 words)
Based on the results of the above Writing Self-Assessment, analyze and respond to the following questions:
- What insights have you gained that will support and aid your development of writing skills?
- For which of your professional tasks is written communication most critical?
- How will communication technology impact the development of your written communication skills?
- How will developing strong writing skills contribute to your development as a leader within your chosen field?