I’m trying to learn for my Social Science class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Part I: 400 words
- In all of the accounting scandals of the past decade, where were the auditors? Explain.
- Why do Ponzi schemes continue to work time after time?
Part II: 700 words
- What are “cookie jar” reserves? Explain Enron’s use of this concept.
- Identify as many stakeholders as you can in this case. Explain how each was affected by the events surrounding the demise of Enron.
- Summarize the main points of this case in one succinct paragraph. All the executives in this case believed they were not guilty of the charges levied against them.
- Why would they believe this, given the evidence presented in their trials?