Watch and write a 350-word essay
- What is this film about?
- How is the Bard Prison Initiative a response to the structural racism and classism we’ve learned about so far in class?
- How does this film relate to AND DIFFER FROM other films/articles/issues we’ve been discussing?
- How do you feel about learning the information presented in the film?
RUBRIC for writing assignments
|Inclusion of components | Instructions followed||All required components are included | all questions are answered | all instructions are followed||20|
|Follows Writing Policies||Essay follows formatting requirements outlined in Writing Policies:
1. proper heading top left-hand corner
2. centered title
3. 12 pt Times New Roman font
4. 1-inch margins all around & double-spaced
5. contains APA formatted citations
3 points deducted if any part of the Writing Policy is not met
|Word Length||Essay is a minimum of 350 words
5 points deducted if paper is 275-349 words
10 points deducted if paper is 200-274 words
25 points deducted if paper is 125-199 words
35 points deducted if paper is less than 124 words
|Mechanics & Organization||Rules of grammar, spelling, usage and punctuation are followed. Paper flows logically and is organized clearly||10|
|Evidence of Critical Thinking||There is evidence of reading and critical thinking. Critical thinking includes application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation. Arguments are clear and show depth of insight into theoretical issues, originality of treatment, and relevance||15|
|Essay format||Paper must be in essay format (not numbered questions).
5 points deducted if the paper is NOT in essay format