Using the guidelines in Chapter 7 design an experiment that could test one of your hypotheses for your research project. Then in the format of an APA style essay answer or do the following:
- Describe your hypothesis and justify why an experiment is the best for answering this question. Present your independent and dependent variables. [Note that a survey is not the same as an experiment. Surveys can present an experiment design BUT there has to be some type of manipulation and at least 2 conditions (experimental and control)]
- Describe the “ecology” [the place where it will take place]. Is an experiment based around everyday life, a natural experiment, or is it more controlled/ systematic? If so, what kind of comparison is it? [This section is all about ecological validity]
- Describe how you will select and assign participants to conditions.
- Describe your experimental design (Between-groups, Within-subjects, or Mixed design).
- Describe how you will protect your experiment’s internal and external validity.
Your paper must be presented in proper APA 7e format. Correctly formatted page numbers
- Double spaced
- Your paper must be presented in proper APA 7e format.
- Include works cited page and use internal citation with page numbers
- Failure to use the format perfectly could result in a loss of a letter grade (see point distribution below).
- Include a References page and use internal citations (include page numbers if there are direct quotes