Choose a nurse leader whose character and performance epitomizes an effective nurse leader. The chosen leader does not have to interact personally with you for this assignment; however, you must know the leader well enough to be personally aware of his or her professional performance and character. Develop an APA-formatted 1250 ?
1500 word paper (5-6 pages, excluding cover page and references), to meet the criteria described below. The content, as well as the writing skills will be critically evaluated.
Note: This paper is NOT an interview paper, but a documentation of your observations and/or experiences with the leader. The nurse leader must be identified; however, names do not need to be included. The paper must be written in your own words, supported by the literature, but should not be a direct reflection of the data as presented in the literature. This assignment must be submitted to Turn-it-in for verification of authenticity and all guidelines for Turn-it-in apply.
Note: Do not use a question/answer format or direct quotations in this assignment. Paraphrase the information and credit the authors with citations and references. Include in the paper:
1. An introduction that describes the purpose of the paper.
2. Headings to separate the content.
3. Presentation of the nurse leader.
4. A description of the characteristics that exemplify the nurse leader. These characteristics must be supported by data from nursing-related literature, and not general information about leaders. A minimum of four characteristics must be included in the paper.
5. Discuss each characteristic in a separate paragraph.
6. A discussion of the impact the nurse leader has on your current and future professional leadership growth.
7. A concluding paragraph that summarizes the content.
8. A minimum of four scholarly resources in addition to the textbook.
Here is the RUBRIC
Introduction clearly states purpose
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Presentation of leader
view longer description
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Characteristics exemplify nursing leadership
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Characteristics are clearly and explicitly portrayed
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Characteristics are supported by nursing literature
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Each characteristic is relevant and is comprehensively presented in a separate paragraph
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Insightful, visionary, comprehensive discussion of the impact on the student’s current and future professional growth as a leader
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Meaningful summary in concluding paragraph
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Organization (see longer description)