Becoming familiar with the environmental health factors that influence the transmission of zoonotic diseases and the areas of responsibility for public health professionals in responding to these events.
TOPIC: Anthrax Outbreak in Cattle. It has been reported by a livestock operation that cattle are dying from what seems to be a fast moving and unknown illness. Samples were collected and sent to a local university laboratory for analysis. The results confirmed that the cattle had ingested naturally occurring Anthrax spores. Over course of this outbreak, additional cases occurred on adjacent ranches, and by the time the disease was identified, more than 60 head of cattle were dead and at least 20 to 30 people were exposed.
To Prepare: . Think about your role as current or future environmental health/ public health professional and how you might address the scenario. Also, think about the responsibilities and services you may be called upon to carry out for the community.
To Complete: Submit a 5-8-page paper addressing the above topic that you were provided. Read the below Assignment Instructions.
· Follow the instructions you received with the topic
· Include an APA style title page
· Include APA style headings for each section
· Cite the sources within your text in APA style
· Include an APA formatted reference list at the end of your paper.
Instructions for students
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a zoonotic disease is defined as “a disease spread between animals and people. Zoonotic diseases can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi” (CDC, 2017).
For this assignment, you will prepare a paper on the environmental health functions and public health responsibilities related to the above scenario:
Your paper must include the following:
· A title page, in APA format.
· Section headers, in APA format, for each section below:
· Provide a scholarly analysis of the zoonotic disease in the above scenario, highlighting the unique attributes of this illness, and support why it is a public health concern. Explain the situational background and why a public health response would be warranted.