APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
a. Introduction to the APN professional development plan
b. APN Scope of Practice
c. Personal Assessment
d. Networking and Marketing Strategies
PREPARING THE PAPER
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
1. Review Chapter 29- Role Transition: Strategies for Success in the Marketplace in
DeNisco and Barker (2013).
2. Nurse practitioners need to take into account the state rules and regulations that guide advanced practice. Research and review the Nurse Practice Act and APN scope of practice guidelines in your particular state. Identify information regarding educational requirements, licensure and regulatory requirements, as well as practice environment details. Review information regarding full, limited, or restricted practice limitations as well as prescriptive authority.
3. (SEE BELOW) Review Guidelines for APN Role Transition Using Benner’s Self-Assessment Tool Prior to engaging in pursuit for employment, APNs should complete a comprehensive, honest, affirmative personal assessment to identify their strengths and weaknesses as well as their goals and objectives. Research assessment tools, conduct a personal assessment, and reflect upon your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and objectives.
4. To complete the transition from students to expert nurse practitioners working in the healthcare field, graduating APN students will need to secure their first position. Research local and national professional organizations that advertise employment opportunities for APNs. Identify networking and marketing strategies and provide a rationale for your selections.
5. (I WILL COMPLETE CURRICULM VITAE (CV) Write your Curriculum Vitae (CV). Refer to the template on pages 618-619 in DeNisco and Barker (2013). Your CV should not exceed 2 pages in length.
6. When concluding the paper, summarize important aspects of the APN professional development plan.
Introduction to the APN professional development plan 15 10 Introduces the purpose of the paper and addresses all background information elements (who, what, where, when, and why) for the APN professional development plan.
APN Scope of Practice
(TEXAS) 30 20 Provide detailed information regarding education, licensure, and regulatory requirements, as well as practice environment details. Include information regarding full, limited, or restricted practice limitations as well as prescriptive authority.
20 13 Perform a personal assessment and reflect upon your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and objectives.
Networking and Marketing Strategies 20 13 Provide detailed information regarding local and national professional organizations that advertise employment opportunities for APNs. Identify networking and marketing strategies and provide a rationale for your selections (MY SPECIALTY IS HOSPICE BUT LOOKING TO BRANCH OUT TO OTHER LIKE CLINIC WORK( PRIMARY CARE CLINICS)
I WILL COMPLETE 30 20 Provide accurate information regarding the nurse practitioner’s abilities, skills, and accomplishments. (I WILL COMPLETE)
Conclusion 15 10 An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your manuscript. Minor details should not be included. Summarize important aspects of the APN professional development plan.
Clarity of writing 15 10 Use of standard English grammar and sentence structure. No spelling errors or typographical errors. Organized around the required components using appropriate headers.
APA format 5 4 All information taken from another source, even if summarized, must be appropriately cited in the manuscript and listed in the references using APA (6th ed.) format:
1. Document setup