Answer the following questions with 3-4 sentences each, and submit on canvas:
1. Why do you think we are able to predict weather better than other things like economics, politics, or sports?
2. We are now in an era of “big data.” What does this mean and how does it help us forecast the weather?
3. How has weather prediction changed from the 19th to the 20th to the 21st century?
4. Why is the predictability of weather limited? (It is impossible to ever be able to perfectly predict the weather.)
5. What are some of the challenges of dispensing weather forecasts to the general public?
Part II Forecasting Methods
Answer the following questions:
6. Which method do you think results in the most accurate forecast and WHY?
7. Do you think it is harder to forecast the weather in Utah than it is in southern California? Why or why not?
8. Describe two (2) reasons you think that it is hard to use a model like the NAM if you do not have extensive training in meteorology.