The company is Amazon.
In this milestone, you will provide a brief history and overview of the company you selected. Use your companyâ€™s most recent Form 10-K filing and SEC Annual Proxy filing from The Securities and Exchange Commissionâ€™s (SEC) website to gather the information described in the rubric criteria. You will also provide a brief summary of your findings for your valuation team members and include a visualization in the summary.
Note: Refer to this moduleâ€™s Discussion for the list of companies to choose from.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Provide the most recent SEC Form 10-K filing link for the company.
- Provide the most recent SEC Proxy filing link for the company.
History and Overview
- Provide a brief company history overview based on external research of the company. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Who was the original founder of the company?
- What significant changes to company leadership have occurred?
- How has the company changed since its beginning? Consider expansion of locations or products/services, etc.
- Identify all of the companyâ€™s major locations for their facilities and/or other properties.
- Identify all of the customers recognized by the company.
- List all of the names of the executive management team of the company.
- Identify all of the competition recognized by the company.
- Identify all of the major shareholders of the company.
- Describe business risks recognized by the company.
- Explain how the company is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) efforts and sustainability.
- Describe the companyâ€™s leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED) status. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- Is the company currently LEED certified?
- If the company is not currently LEED certificated, is it working toward becoming LEED certified?
- Summarize your findings for the valuation team. Include the following details in your response:
- Explain what you learned as you researched the company.
- Identify the key points the valuation team needs to be aware of.
- Create at least one effective visualization that supports key points. Include the following detail in your response:
- Provide appropriate labels for the visualization(s).