9) Albert creates a relational database to store employee performance statistics. He stores each employee's data in independent rows and creates a column named “Employee Number” to assign unique numbers to each employee. This column is referred to as a(n) ________.
A) primary key
C) foreign key
D) functionally dependent record
10) Columns that are keys to different tables than the ones in which they reside are called ________.
B) foreign keys
C) primary keys
D) internal records
11) Relational databases represent relationships using ________.
A) foreign keys
B) file systems
D) unique identifiers
12) Metadata are ________.
A) code used for server-side processing
B) error logs of databases
C) data that describe data
D) encrypted data transmissions
13) A(n) ________ is a program used to create, process, and administer a database.
A) operating system
C) information system
D) data mart
14) Which of the following is an example of a database management system?
A) MS Excel
15) Identify the open source DBMS product among the following.
D) Oracle Database
16) Which of the following is true of MySQL?
A) It is offered by Oracle.
B) It is license-free for most applications.
C) It is a closed-source database product.
D) It is yet to be widely adopted.
17) When you modify or delete data present in a database, you are ________.
A) creating a new database
B) forming a data model
C) simplifying the data structure
D) processing the database
18) Which of the following is an international standard language for processing a database?
D) MS Access