8) Which of the following terms refers to a collection of servers?
A) server database
B) server farm
9) Bits are used for computer data because they ________.
A) are represented exclusively as alphabets
B) are easy to represent physically
C) are more complex than bytes
D) can have more than two values at a time
10) Bits are grouped into 8-bit chunks called ________.
11) A ________ is equivalent to 1,024 bytes.
12) 10 TB is equivalent to ________ gigabytes.
13) Individuals who edit large pictures, sound, or video files need a ________ processor to effectively use more than 4 GB of main memory.
14) Which of the following is a characteristic of volatile memory?
A) The processor heats up during the operation.
B) The files are stored permanently.
C) The processing of data is very slow.
D) The contents are lost when power is off.
15) Which of the following is a nonvolatile memory device?
A) optical disk
B) main memory
C) cache memory
16) Which of the following memory devices is volatile in nature?
A) magnetic disk
C) hard drive
D) optical disk
17) Server application programs are programs that ________.
A) control the client computer's resources
B) are processed on client computers
C) are processed on server computers
D) control the server computer's resources