54) The use of ________ control over the entire data processing input-process-output sequence is fundamental to organizational independence.
55) The use of programmed edit checks to discriminate among acceptable data is called ________ ________ auditing.
56) Using ________ ________ can compensate for the loss of manual internal controls.
57) ________ ________ input sales data into the computer system for processing immediately at the time and point of sale.
58) Many manual, batch-oriented systems use ________ file processing.
59) Using son-father-grandfather retention, if the old master file is the ________, the backup master file must be the ________.
60) Computer processing of accounting data is typically a(n) ________ procedure.
61) The summary of the current month's general ledger activity is the general ledger by ________.
62) Each month ________ ________ should be reconciled to reports prepared from the bank summary file.
63) Users interactively input data in ________ ________ systems.
64) The technologies that make real-time sales systems feasible are the ________ system; bar coding for automatic identification, and the ________ ordering system.
65) The ________ has enhanced the real-time sales system by extending it to customers who are off-site.
66) In a real-time sales system, ________ can be used to transmit retail sales data captured from the retail store to vendors.
67) A group that is often part of the internal audit function that is charged with monitoring EDP operations is the ________ ________ group.