51.The database feature that allows data analysis similar to statistical cross-tabulation is:
- data mining.
52.The duties of the DBA fall into all of the following major areas except for:
- database planning.
- performance statistics processor.
- database implementation.
- database security.
53.The advantages of DBMSs include all of the following except for:
- reduce data redundancy.
- achieve data independence.
- improve security.
- reduce hardware costs.
54.Which of the following is a disadvantage of DBMSs?
- obtain a large hardware configuration
- data redundancy
- data dependence
- more security risks
55.Which of the following is not a major area for the database administrator?
56.The database administrator’s role of offering educational programs to database users and providing assistance when needed falls into which major area?
57.Which statement is false concerning database programmers?
- Database programmers are specialists.
- Database programmers often write code to strip and/or aggregate data from a database.
- The consequences of a programming error could be felt by a very large number of users.
- Database programmers are often hired as entry-level programmers.
58.Which statement is false concerning database end users?
- End users need to know how to code SQL statements.
- End users generate forms and reports.
- End users ask questions using query-by-example.
- There can be an increase in end-user errors because the database is easy to use.
59.Which of the following is not an advantage of using a database management system?
- Reduce data redundancy.
- Achieve data dependence.
- Retrieve data and information rapidly.
- Improve security.
60.Which of the following disadvantages of using a database management system becomes less important with each passing year?
- the amount of computer resources increases with more users
- obtaining a large hardware configuration
- obtaining expensive software