21) Every business process has one or more possible objectives.
22) Clearly communicated objectives help process participants better understand how the process can be improved.
23) Managers need not make unstated objectives of a process explicit.
24) A reasonable measure is one that is valid and compelling.
25) Accurate measures are exact and precise.
26) Managers should not marry measures; they need to be able to move on when a better measurement option emerges.
27) Information systems can improve a process by adding or improving the data flow between activities in the same or different processes.
28) Controls help limit wide variations in activities so that a process runs more consistently and smoothly.
29) IS can improve a process by improving the control of activities in the process.
30) Automation means that a computer does an activity or a part of an activity that was once done by a person.