The credential i chose is Project Management professional (PMP)
Your manager has asked that you submit a request for professional development funds for an industry credential related to sustainability, business ethics, or operations management. Select one of the credentials covered in your course resources or a relevant credential you find online that meets your managerâ€™s requirements. Explore the purpose, requirements, and career benefits of the credential, then complete the request using the Module Eight Assignment Template Word Document.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Purpose: Briefly describe the purpose of your selected credential from a business perspective. The following questions can be used to help guide your description:
- What knowledge, skills, or expertise does it help recognize?
- What fields or industries is it relevant to?
- How widely known or recognized is it?
- Requirements: Identify the requirements for earning the credential. The following questions can be used to help guide your response:
- What is the financial cost for the credential?
- What is an estimate of the time required to earn it?
- What evidence needs to be provided to earn it, such as a portfolio, paperwork, exams, work experience, and so on?
- Does the credential require renewal, and if so, how does one renew the credential?
- Career Benefits: Describe the general career benefits for both professionals and organizations related to the credential. The following questions can be used to help guide your response:
- How might the credential impact a job application, or the types of jobs you could reasonably apply to?
- How might the credential impact your pay or expected salary for a new role?
- What specialized knowledge or skills would you gain from earning the credential, and how might they benefit the organization?
- Is the credential required or preferred for regulatory requirements your organization must adhere to?