The company will be Walmart.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Company Overview: Identify the company you selected and provide a brief overview of its business.
- Is it a manufacturing, merchandising, or service organization?
- Costing Methods: Compare the job order and process costing methods, and explain how each of these can be applied to the company.
- How could the costs differ if one method is chosen over the other?
- Factory Overhead: Outline possible indirect or overhead costs the company may need to account for, and identify the type of costing the company might use for these costs.
- If the company decides to use activity-based costing (ABC), what are some activity bases (cost drivers) it might use to allocate these costs?
- Recommendation: Based on your analysis, recommend a costing method for the company, and explain why you think this method will work best for the business.