In a report by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. economy contracted at an annual rate of 4.8% in the first quarter of this year. For this assignment, you will take on the role of an HR manager at an air transportation supply company. The company is currently struggling with a significant loss of revenue and considering operational costs. You have been asked to analyze employee performance over the last year and make sense of the data.
Using a summary (provided below) of the companyâ€™s employee salaries, bonuses, and performance data, address the following rubric criteria:
- Interpretation: Discuss your interpretation of the data.
- What questions emerge from your analysis of the data?
- What story can they tell about the companyâ€™s employees?
- Analysis: Explain how the provided data helps you understand your employees and how the company is using its financial resources. Identify potential gaps or issues in the data.
- What is the quantitative and qualitative data telling you? Are there any underlying issues or perspectives?
- What is the data not telling you?
- What additional primary and secondary sources would help the company make a decision?
- Conclusion and related outcomes: Describe how you have used data to determine a strategy. Use evidence to support your explanations.
- What would your strategy be if you were asked to recommend a 10% reduction in the budget?
- How would you synthesize and defend your decision process?