Analyze the impact of the Healthy People initiatives on health promotion for the U.S. population.
• Discuss the current state of complementary and alternative modalities (CAM) in the U.S. health care delivery system.
• Discuss the impact politics has on health promotion initiatives for the population.
• Discuss the current recommendations for age-appropriate exercise.
Move Yourself ? Tedd Mitchell, et al.
Mitchell, T., Church, T. & Zucker, M. (2008).Move yourself: The Cooper Clinic Medical Director’s guide to all the healing benefits of exercise (even a little!). New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
Open this document to preview the requirements for the Book Review which you will write and submit at the end of Week 4. Please note as follows:
1. “External Source” means a reading other than one that I have listed in the Reading List.
2. Be sure to include an Introduction in your Part I and a Conclusion in your Part IV of the book report.
3. There is a page limit of 2-3 pages for the body of the paper. You will have five
points deducted if you exceed the page limit.
4. Your reference(s) for the collaboration/contradiction section should be from professional cites (does not have to be a “peer-reviewed journal, but should not be from a newspaper, non-professional magazine, etc).
N3335 Health Promotion Across the Lifespan ©2008 UTA School of Nursing 2
Use this rubric to guide your work on the assignment, “Book Review.” Tasks
?? Expert Acceptable Unacceptable
(max 1 point) Complete title page
(1 point) Missing title page or required information
Body of the Paper
(max 5 points) Double-spaced (1 point)
Professional grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and paragraphs composed of at least 3 well-written sentences each (3 points)
Citations and headings/section titles in APA format (1 point)
Single-spaced (0 points)
3 – 4 grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors, or poorly written paragraphs (1 point)
Errors in APA format (0 points) N/A
Part I: Book
(max 6 points) Explanation of reasons for selecting book that include specific references to book title, description, authors, or particular student experience
General statement of reason for selecting book without specific references or examples
(4 points) Missing or unclear reason for selecting book
Part II: Two Topics of Interest
(max 40 points)
Part III: Corroboration / Contradiction
(max 40 points) At least two examples from an external source (20 points)
Correct APA citations (10 points)
Clear, accurate explanation of corroboration or contradiction (10 points) One example from an external source (15 points)
Minimum errors in APA citations (8 points)
Each of two topics:
Specific information from the book, including correct APA citation (10 points)
Clear discussion of why the information impacted the reader, including specific student examples or experiences. (10 points)