A person who has cholera would be expected to have which type of diarrhea?What pathologic alteration produces tremors at rest, rigidity, akinesia, and postural abnormalities?
1. Question : Cerebral edema is an increase in the fluid content of the
2. Question : Vomiting is associated with CNS injuries that compress which anatomic location(s)?
3. Question : What is the best prognostic indicator of recovery of consciousness or functional outcome?
4. Question : With receptive dysphasia (fluent), the individual is able to
5. Question : The body compensates to a rise in intracranial pressure by first displacing
6. Question : Characteristics of primary motor neuron amyotrophy include
7. Question : In Parkinson disease (PD), the basal ganglia influences the hypothalamic function to produce which grouping of clinical manifestations?
8. Question : What pathologic alteration produces tremors at rest, rigidity, akinesia, and postural abnormalities?
9. Question : Multiple sclerosis (MS) and Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) are similar in that they both
10. Question : The edema of the upper cervical cord after spinal cord injury is considered life threatening because of
11. Question : A man who sustained a cervical spinal cord injury 2 days ago suddenly develops severe hypertension and bradycardia. He reports severe head pain and blurred vision. The most likely explanation for these clinical manifestations is that he is
12. Question : Spinal cord injuries are most likely to occur in which of the following regions?
13. Question : Which neurotransmitter receptors are blocked by antipsychotic drugs?
14. Question : Which neurotransmitter is inhibited in generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)?
15. Question : Which electrolyte imbalance contributes to lithium toxicity?
16. Question : A _____ is the test done on amniotic fluid and maternal blood to test for neural tube defect.
17. Question : Anterior midline defects of neural tube closure cause developmental defects in the
18. Question : The clinical manifestations of dyskinetic cerebral palsy include
19. Question : A person who has cholera would be expected to have which type of diarrhea?
20. Question : The most common manifestation of portal hypertension induced splenomegaly is
21. Question : The desire to eat is stimulated by
22. Question : Meconium _____ is an intestinal obstruction caused by meconium formed in utero that is abnormally sticky and adheres firmly to the mucosa of the small intestine.
23. Question : Congenital aganglionic megacolon (Hirschsprung disease) involves inadequate motility of the colon caused by neural malformation of the _____ nervous system.
24. Question : Which disorder is characterized by an increase in the percentages in T cells and complement together with IgA and IgM antigliadin antibodies found in jejunum fluid?
25. Question : Which of the following medications compensates for the deficiency that occurs as a result of cystic fibrosis?