15) Defect rates for products and yield percentages in manufacturing are measures of quality included in the ________ perspective of the Balanced Scorecard.
16) If a performance measure in the customer perspective of the Balanced Scorecard was customer loyalty, then a driver from the process perspective would MOST likely be:
A) implementing cutting-edge technology.
B) repeat sales.
C) high-quality production processes.
D) increased profits.
17) If process perspective measure from the Balanced Scorecard was shorter cycle times, then a driver from the learning and growth perspective would MOST likely be to:
A) lower cost of acquiring materials.
B) achieve just-in-time supplier capability.
C) offer a complete product line.
D) expand product offerings.
18) What is the primary purpose of the Balanced Scorecard?
1) A properly constructed Balanced Scorecard tells the story of a business unit's strategy.
2) Strategy creates a competitive advantage by positioning the company in its external environment where its internal resources and capabilities deliver something to its customers better than or different from its competitors.
3) Which of the following statements is true?
A) Vision and mission statements set the general direction for the organization.
B) Strategy is a concise, internally-focused statement of how the organization expects to compete and deliver value to customers.
C) Mission is a concise, externally-focused statement that expresses how the organization wants to be perceived by the external world.
D) Vision is about selecting the set of activities to create a sustainable difference in the marketplace.
4) The purpose of the Balanced Scorecard is BEST described as helping an organization:
A) develop customer relations.
B) mobilize employee skills for continuous improvements in processing capabilities, quality, and response times.
C) introduce innovative products and services desired by target customers.
D) translate an organization's mission, vision, and strategy into a set of performance measures that help to implement the strategy.
5) The FIRST step in developing strategic objectives for the Balanced Scorecard is:
A) defining the long-run financial objectives.
B) identifying the target customer.
C) articulating the organization's vision.
D) select objectives for the customer value proposition.