11) Operational decisions concern the allocation and utilization of resources.
12) Strategic decisions are typically not collaborative.
13) Moving a factory from Detroit to Mexico is an example of a strategic decision.
14) Finding the best location for building a new plant is an example of a structured decision.
15) Need for collaboration increases as the decisions become more structured.
16) An unstructured decision is one for which there is no agreed-on decision-making method.
17) Determining the reorder quantity of an item in inventory by using a formula is an example of an unstructured decision.
18) Determining the best mix of products that a company should sell is an example of an unstructured decision.
19) Operational decisions require a high degree of collaboration.
20) The fundamental purpose of the starting phase of project management is to set the ground rules for the project and the team.