11) In cloud computing, resources are said to be “pooled” because organizations ________.
A) use the public Internet to create the appearance of a private connection
B) use open source standards that enable users to modify a program's source code
C) offer their services to each other free of charge, in a give-and-take arrangement
D) share the same physical hardware through virtualization
12) Compared to in-house hosting, cloud-based hosting ________.
A) provides better vision of disaster preparedness capabilities
B) minimizes the risk of investing in technology that will soon become obsolete
C) provides greater control over the location of data
D) requires a significant amount of capital
13) Which of the following is a benefit of in-house hosting?
A) superior flexibility and adaptability to growing or fluctuating demand
B) lower capital requirements
C) in depth visibility of security and disaster preparedness
D) fewer training requirements
14) A computer ________ is a collection of computers that communicate with one another over transmission lines or wirelessly.
15) Which of the following features distinguishes a LAN from a WAN?
A) LAN connects computers in a single location.
B) WAN has a limit on the number of users
C) WAN has relatively lower bandwidth
D) LAN has stringent hardware requirements
16) Computers that reside in different geographic locations are connected using a(n) ________.
17) A private internet that is used exclusively within an organization is called a(n) ________.
18) A ________ is a set of rules that programs on two communicating devices follow.
19) To enable a seamless flow of data across the networks that comprise an internet, an elaborate scheme called a ________ is used.
A) layered protocol
B) virtual private network
C) three-tier system
D) remote access system
20) A ________ detects the speed that a given device can handle and communicates with it at that speed.