1) With information silos, the data needed by one process are stored in an information system designed and used in another process.
2) Information silos create islands of automation that increase the performance of processes and make process integration easy.
3) An enterprise application integration system tackles the silo problem by providing layers of software that connect information systems together.
4) An enterprise application integration program intercepts data sent by one system and converts it into a format suitable for the receiving system.
5) An enterprise application integration system uses a centralized database.
6) An enterprise application integration system appears to be an integrated database to the user.
7) Enterprise application integration systems leverage existing systems but provide an integrated layer over the top.
8) Converting to an enterprise application integration system is more disruptive than converting to an enterprise resource planning system.
9) Enterprise resource planning systems solve the information silo problem with a centralized approach.
10) Enterprise resource planning systems create a single database.