1. On January 3, 2011, Open, Inc. acquired land from Closed Company in a noncash transaction. Open, Inc. gave Closed Company 107,500 shares of its $1 par value common stock which currently trades on an organized exchange for $2.50 per share. The appraised value of the land is $245,000, and the land is recorded on Closed Company’s books at $197,500. Open, Inc. should record the land on its books atAnswer a. $268,750b. $197,500c. $107,500d. $245,0002. Vision, Inc. acquires a piece of land and a building by paying a lump sum. The controller of Vision, Inc. wants to “fudge” a little by allocating a disproportionately higher share of the purchase price to land. Which of the following is not among the reasons the controller would be suggesting this incorrect allocation of the purchase price?Answer a. Higher income than if a correct allocation is made.b. Reduced depreciation expense than if a correct allocation is madec. Lower income taxes than if a correct allocation is maded. Increased profit-sharing bonus than if a correct allocation is made.3. RLM Corporation has a building it purchased in 2009 for $500,000. RLM depreciates this building straight-line over its estimated useful life of 10 years with no residual value. In late December 2011, the controller for RLM revised the building’s estimated useful life to a total of 18 years and estimated a $20,000 residual value at that time. How much depreciation should RLM record for the year ended December 31, 2011? (Round your intermediate calculations and final answer to the nearest dollar amount.)a. $21,111b. $25,000c. $23,750d. $50,000
1. On January 3, 2011, Open, Inc. acquired land from Closed Company in a noncash transaction. Open,
- Create a communication plan for mother and child for both prescriptive and non-prescriptive drug therapies.
- 19.9 Randomly selected records of 140 convicted criminals reveal that their crimes were committed on the following days of the week:
- Compare and contrast the fundamental differences in natural death, accidental death, suicide, and homicide
- Being able to articulate your personal worldview can help you formulate a personal philosophy of practice and enhance your influence on patients and the industry.
We’re glad you’re considering us as your academic assistant, and we’d like to explain to you why exactly we firmly believe we’re one of the best companies in the industry.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR NEW CUSTOMERS: GET 15% OFF FOR YOUR FIRST ORDER! 15% OFF your first order! Order Now