1. EMC began operations during 2004. Taxable income in 2005 was $829,000. Basis differences asof 12/31/04 and 12/31/05 are as follows:Description of differenceProperty, Plant, & Equipment, net:GAAP basisTax basisBasis difference12/31/04Investments â€“ TradingGAAP basis (fair value)Tax basis (cost or amortized cost)Basis differenceThe enacted income tax rate is 40% for 2004 and all future years.12/31/05$1,102,0001,000,000$102,000$785,000903,000($118,000)$1,880,0001,800,000$80,000$823,000948,000($125,000)Requirement:Prepare the income tax journal entries that EMC should make for the year ended 12/31/05.2. For the current year ($ in millions), Centipede Corp. had $80 in pretax accounting income. Thisincluded meals and entertainment expense of $8 and $20 in depreciation expense. For incometax purposes, MACRS depreciation amounted to $23.1)What type of differences, permanent differences or temporary differences, does Centipede Corp.have for the current year?2)Prepare Centipedeâ€™s journal entry to recognize income taxes payable for the current year.Assume there were no other temporary or permanent differences. Centipedeâ€™s tax rate for all relevantyears is 40%.3)Centipedeâ€™s comparative balance sheets for two previous years show the following balances fordeferred tax assets and liabilities:Deferred Tax AssetDeferred Tax Liability12/31/06$3 million$6 million12/31/05$1.4 million$4.8 millionPrepare Centipedeâ€™s deferred tax journal entry for the year ended 12/31/06. Note that you do not haveenough information to determine how Centipede calculated its DTA and DTL balances.
1. EMC began operations during 2004. Taxable income in 2005 was $829,000. Basis differences asof 12/
- Create a communication plan for mother and child for both prescriptive and non-prescriptive drug therapies.
- 19.9 Randomly selected records of 140 convicted criminals reveal that their crimes were committed on the following days of the week:
- Compare and contrast the fundamental differences in natural death, accidental death, suicide, and homicide
- Being able to articulate your personal worldview can help you formulate a personal philosophy of practice and enhance your influence on patients and the industry.
We’re glad you’re considering us as your academic assistant, and we’d like to explain to you why exactly we firmly believe we’re one of the best companies in the industry.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR NEW CUSTOMERS: GET 15% OFF FOR YOUR FIRST ORDER! 15% OFF your first order! Order Now